beermiscuous [beer-mis’ kyoo-uh s] adj.: characterized by casual and frequent enjoyment of a wide variety of craft beer
Borrowing from classic European cafes and casual American coffee shops, Beermiscuous offers a simple environment to relax and escape life’s complexities. Read a book by the fireplace. Pop your laptop open and use our free Wi-Fi to get some work done. Unwind after work with friends. Draft your fantasy teams. Host a knitting class. Play a board game. Impress your date with a place where conversations take center stage. Better yet, come up with your own creative experience.
Fresh, locally-focused and representative of a broad range of styles is our draft beer selection strategy. While some of your favorites do make re-appearances, expect to regularly see new releases and seasonal options. And of course, true to our name, don’t worry about committing to a full size pour of a beer you’ve never tried before – everything on draft is available in a 4 oz pour for simple creation of your own flight.
With an ever expanding craft beer market, selecting the right beer for each occasion can be daunting. That’s why our Beeristas are trained to help guide you through selection, whether you’re a craft beer neophyte or nerd. We carefully curate 350 beers that represent almost every available style and update the options weekly. And since everything is in single bottle format, we make beer exploration simple – whether you want to share a bottle in the cafe, or mix a six-pack to go.
In an increasingly crowded and complex craft beer marketplace:
We celebrate the experience of simplicity. We practice approachability, welcoming a diverse community. We stimulate curiosity and exploration. But most importantly, we never take ourselves too seriously. Imbibe the moment.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
- B.Y.O.F.: bring your own food (or have it delivered); snacks available
- Kid-Friendly: with a parent
- Pet-Friendly: in retail area only, on a leash
- Off-Street Parking: designated spots in lot immediately south
- Free WiFi
- No Reservations: except for large private parties
- 98% Craft Beer: but we do have a red and white wine, several ciders, gluten-free beer, and non-alcoholic beverages
2812 N. Lincoln Ave, Chicago | 773.698.6824
Mon. to Thu.: 1 p to 11 p | Fri.: 1 p to 12 a | Sat.: 12 p to 12 a | Sun.: 12 p to 8 p
‘L’ Brown Line Diversey Stop (2 blocks east) | Divvy Station at Racine/Diversey (1/2 block south) | Dedicated Off-Street & Paid Street Parking
- CELLAR: 12 – 24 people, private space, 60″ TV, Bluetooth speaker, chalkboards, couches, beer barrel tables, dart board, private restrooms
- BACK CAFE: 25 – 40 people (up to 50 except Fri. & Sat.), semi private space, tables, couches
- BUYOUT: 75 to 120 people
PRIVATE EVENT FAQs
- RENTAL FEES? There is no rental fee to use our event spaces. However, there may be a non-refundable deposit to hold the space and minimum purchase depending on the party size, day and time of your event.
- SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING? With such a wide variety of beer and wide variety of price points, we cannot offer special “package” pricing. However, we have several ways to accommodate just about any budget using a single capped tab, drink tickets, split tabs or simply a cash bar.
- BUYOUTS? Available Sunday to Thursday, but a minimum spend will be required and can vary widely depending on day/time.
- BYOB? Absolutely no outside alcohol is allowed to be brought into the cafe. For non-beer drinkers in your party, we have 2 wine options, 7 ciders and a few non-alcoholic drinks.
- UNDER 21? Anyone under 21 must be accompanied by a parent.
- FOOD? There is no required catering vendor – you are open to select anyone you’d like to provide food (or just do a pot luck). However, please remember to bring in any additional serving utensils you’ll need for food service (plates, silverware, napkins, ice, heat source, etc.).
- DECORATING? Tasteful decorating is ok, but remember anything brought in must be taken out. Please no confetti or glitter.
- SPECIAL HOURS? Please be mindful of our standard closing times: closed Monday, 11 PM other weekdays, 12 AM Friday and Saturday, and 8 PM Sunday, with last call roughly 20 minutes before close. Hours outside our normal operating hours may be available. Please inquire.
EVENT INQUIRY (all fields are required; a message will appear if successfully submitted)
NEWS & EVENTS
Our weekly newsletters allow you to catch up on upcoming events, new beer releases, Beerista musings, educational programs, special rewards member-only events, and more! Review the last 3 newsletters here, or better yet, sign up.
Do you ever wish you didn’t have to stand in over-night lines just to purchase the hottest beer releases? Or have you dropped by your favorite retailer only to find some lucky beer nomad happened to grab the last bottle of that hot release from the shelf just minutes before you arrived?
At Beermiscuous, we understand your frustration. And that’s why we’ve created a unique rewards program that takes care of our regulars. Sure, you can earn cool rewards such as free swag and discounts. But we take rewards to the next level and offer select bottle reservations and one-of-a-kind events (i.e., a free 10-year vertical Goose BCBS tasting) ONLY to our rewards members. Sign up and feel the love!!
Step 2: Redeem a $5 off coupon just for signing up
Step 3: Scan your receipts, earn 1 point for every $1 spent, redeem points for rewards (like more discounts, swag, bottle reservations and special events)
Step 4: Feel special